Spalding County Records
Spalding County Court House. Spalding County was created in 1851. Griffin is the county seat. Spalding County was named for Thomas Spalding from the Scottish Highlands who came to Georgia with Oglethorpe whose great-grandfather, John Mohr McIntosh, chieftain of the clan which settled Darien.
Research in Henry and Pike is indicated. Early Settlers: Elisha Akin, William Alexander, Benjamin Searcy, Thomas Simonton, William Welch, C. A. Davis, W. S. Doyal, E. H. Drewry, William Freeman, B. W. Ferrell, Lewis Flemister, Asa Miles, Joseph P. Manley.
Spalding County Databases Available to members of Georgia Pioneers
Spalding County Wills
- Digital Images of Spalding County Wills
Testators:Akins, Elisha; Bishop, Philip; Blessit, Reason; Bridges, Corbin; Crawford, George; Davis, Janus; Edmunds, Roscoe; Ellis, William; Freeman, William; Guice, Sarah; Hill, John G. ; Jones, John R.; Kirkpatrick, Hugh; Mackey, William ; Maddox, Eleanor; Manard, Larkin; Norton, Martin; Simonton, Moses; Stark, James ;Starr, Benjamin; Strickland, Solomon ;Tarver, Mary Ann; Westmoreland, Milton; Wiggins, William
- Spalding County Wills 1852-1880 (abstracts)
- Index to Spalding County Will Bk A 1852-1880.
- General Index to Spalding County Marriages 1852-1873
- Brides Index to Spalding County Marriages 1852-1873
- Spalding County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
"Find your Ancestors on Georgia Pioneers"
"Subscribe and view documents"