Clinch County Wills and EstatesClinch County was created on Feb. 14, 1850 by an act of the General Assembly (Ga. Laws 1849-50, p. 126). Georgia's 95th county was created from portions of Lowndes and Ware counties. Estate records do not begin until 1868.
Earliest settlers: Charles Cowart, Penelope Carter, Abraham Griffis, John Knight, Thomas Nettles, J. A. Osteen, Isham Pattison, David J. Sirmans, William E. Smith, John M. Williams.
Clinch County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Clinch County Marriages 1867 to 1874
- Index to Clinch County Marriage Licenses 1874 to 1889
Crawford, C. C.
Indexes to Probate Records
- Index to Clinch County Will Book C 1868-1911.
- Index to Clinch County Warrants of Appraisements, Book A, 1895 to 1916
- Index to Clinch County Warrants of Appraisements, Book B, 1896 to 1960
Find your Ancestors on Georgia Pioneers"
"Subscribe and view documents"
Share on Facebook
Follow via email