Butts County RecordsButts County was created in 1825 from portions of Henry and Monroe Counties. The name was taken from Captain Samuel Butts, a member of the Georgia Militia who was killed in the battle against the Creek Indians during the War of 1812. The town of Jackson was in honor of Andrew Jackson, a Georgia Hero, whose campaigns against the Creeks was memorable to Georgians; and also for his victory over British forces at the Battle of New Orleans. Researchers should search Henry County Records; particularly the deeds where many Butts residents are found.
Click on Me
Records available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Butts County Wills 1821-1841 (abstracts)
- Butts County Wills 1821-1841 (digital images)
Names: Atkinson, Arthur, Barkley, John, Barron, John, Blessell, Elisha, Blessell, Elisha, continued, Flewellen, Louiza, Heard, Stephen, Holly, Jacob, Knight, Walter, Lawson, Adam, Lindsey, Samuel, Malone, John, Messer, Isabel, Patrick, John, Reynolds, Thomas, Rhodes, William, Smith, John, Spear, orphans, Spears, Joseph, Stark, Samuel, Taylor, George, Taylor, John, Taylor, Joseph, Waldrip, Abraham, Walker, James, Wooten, James
- Butts County Wills and Estates 1845 to 1855 (Digital Images)
Allison, William, Andrews, John, Atkinson, Cornelius, Berry, David, Dillon, Henry , Fielder, Joseph , Grier, Robert, Harrison, Benjamin, Lee, Harvey , Lofton, John, McGuire, Abin , Newton, Olive, Preston, John , Still, Bartholomew
- Butts County Wills and Estates 1849 to 1857
Testators: Andrews, John, Atkinson, Cornelius, Allison, William, Bailey, Charles, Bankston, Olive, Camp, James, Cargile, John, Conger, Eli, Curry, Harriet, Dillion, Henry, Douglas, Robert, Douglas, Sarah, Fielder, Joseph, Gray, James, Greer, James, Hammond, W. J., Harrison, Elizabeth, Humber, Robert, James, John, Jarrell, William, Jinks, Joseph, King (minors), Lacy, Thomas, Lofton, John, McClure, James, McCord, Sarah, McCUne, Cornelius, McCune, James, McDaniel, John, McGuire, Abiah, Meridith, Elizabeth, Moore, Willis, Newton, Oliver,, Nolen, Richard, Redman, William, Reeves, Green, Slaton, Mandane, Smith, David, Spencer, Thomas, Staton, H. P., Slaton, Samuel, White, Robert, Woodward, Aaron
- Index to Butts County Wills, Book A (1850 to 1896)
- Index to Butts County Wills, Book B (1897 to 1948)
- Index to Butts County Wills, Appraisements, Sales, Annual Returns 1826-1841.
- Index to Butts County Appraisements, Sales, Annual Returns 1836-1845
- Index to Butts County Wills and Annual Returns 1845-1851.
- Index to Butts County Wills, Appraisements, Annual Returns 1849-1857.
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1852-1855.
- Index to Butts County Sales and Appraisements 1852-1874.
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1864-1888
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1889-1901
- Index to Butts County Annual Returns and Vouchers 1896-1901
Subscribe to 8 genealogy websites. Easy access.
Click here to take advantage