Laurens County Wills and Estates
Laurens County Court House. Laurens County was created in 1807 from an Act of the General Assembly and was named for Laurens of Revolutionary fame, a native of South Carolina of Huguenot ancestry, an aide to General Washington. The first county seat was Sumpterville, later Dublin. The first grand jururs were: Benjamin Adams, Benjamin Brown, William Boykin, Robert Daniel, Joseph Denson, Benjamin Dorsey, Simon Fowler, Henry Fulgham, John Gilbert, Thomas Gilbert, Leonard Green, Edward Hagan, Andrew Hampton, Charles Higdon, Mark May, Gideon Mays, George Martin, William McCall, Charles Stringer, John Speight, James Sartin, Jesse Stephens, Samuel Stanley, Samuel Sparks, George Tarvin, Joseph Vickers, Jesse Wigins, Nathan Weaver, David Watson, Joseph Yarbrough. Research Baldwin and Wilkinson Counties. Pictured is the Dublin square and an old home in Eastman, Georgia.
Laurens County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Laurens County Wills 1809-1840 (digitized images)
Testators: Albritton, Averilla
McCall, Elizabeth Mary Ann
Oliver, William (2)
- Index to Laurens County Wills, Vol. I, 1809-1840.
- Index to Laurens County Wills, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Anderson, Henry, LWT, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Dixon, George, LWT, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Smith, Bennet, LWT, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Smith, Isham, LWT, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Smith, Mourning, LWT, Vol. 2, 1840-1868.
- Laurens County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|