Schley County RecordsSchley County was created in 1857 from Marian and Sumter Counties and was named for Georgia congressman, William Schley (1786-1858). Early settlers: Samuel Caskey, Burton Congleton, W. W. Cheney, Augustus Askew,, W. W. Tidwell, James King Harris, Henry Scarborough. County Seat: Ellaville.
Click on Me
Schley County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Schley County Will Bk A 1858-1905.
- Schley Veteran Records, World War I.
- Schley County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
- Index to Schley County Annual Returns, Inventories, Appraisements, Vouchers, Dismissions, Book A, 1858-1869.
- Index to Schley County Annual Returns, Inventories, Appraisements, Vouchers, Dismissions, Book B, 1869-1885.
Testators: Herbert Battle; Burton Congleton; Cullen Cottle; James Harris; John Heath; Dewi Jones; Sophia Jones; John Lightner; Eason Miller; John Milner; Allen Muncy; Joseph Rowland; Randal Stewart; James Tooke; William Wimbish; Sara Worrill; Patrick Worsham; Septimus Wylick.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|