Spalding County Court House. Spalding County was created in 1851. Griffin is the county seat. Spalding County was named for Thomas Spalding from the Scottish Highlands who came to Georgia with Oglethorpe whose great-grandfather, John Mohr McIntosh, chieftain of the clan which settled Darien.
Research in Henry and Pike is indicated. Early Settlers: Elisha Akin, William Alexander, Benjamin Searcy, Thomas Simonton, William Welch, C. A. Davis, W. S. Doyal, E. H. Drewry, William Freeman, B. W. Ferrell, Lewis Flemister, Asa Miles, Joseph P. Manley.
Click on Me
Spalding County Databases Available to members of Georgia Pioneers
Spalding County Wills
Indexes to Probate Records
- Digital Images of Spalding County WillsTestators:Akins, Elisha; Bishop, Philip; Blessit, Reason; Bridges, Corbin; Crawford, George; Davis, Janus; Edmunds, Roscoe; Ellis, William; Freeman, William; Guice, Sarah; Hill, John G. ; Jones, John R.; Kirkpatrick, Hugh; Mackey, William ; Maddox, Eleanor; Manard, Larkin; Norton, Martin; Simonton, Moses; Stark, James ;Starr, Benjamin; Strickland, Solomon ;Tarver, Mary Ann; Westmoreland, Milton; Wiggins, William
- Spalding County Wills 1852-1880 (abstracts)
- Index to Spalding County Will Bk A 1852-1880.
- Index to Spalding County Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers, 1851 to 1862.
- Index to Spalding County Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers, 1862-1865.
- General Index to Spalding County Marriages 1852-1873
- Brides Index to Spalding County Marriages 1852-1873
- Spalding County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
Free Free Newsletter
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|