Taliaferro County RecordsTaliaferro County Court House. Taliaferro (pronounced "Tol-i-ver") County was established in 1825 by an Act of the General Assembly and was taken from portions of Greene, Hancock, Oglethorpe, Warren, and Wilkes counties. It was named after Colonel Benjamin Taliaferro, Revolutionary War hero; served in the US House of Representatives from 1799 to 1802. Crawfordville is the county seat. Early Settlers: John Lightfoot, Benjamin Jones Sr., Henry Dewberry, David Lockett, Charles Beazley, Joel Terrell, John L. Bird, John Perkins, William Janes, General Aaron Gruer, Eli Hart, John Veazey.
Click on Me
Taliaferro County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Taliaferro County Wills 1826 to 1866
- Taliaferro County Marriages 1825 to 1862Testators: Anderson, John ; Atkinson, Armsted ; Ballard, James ;Battle, William Sumner ;Beazley, Charles ;Billingslea, Francis ;Bird, Buford ;Bird, George ;Bird, John L. ;Bird, Williamson ;Borum, Thomas ;Bowles, Benjamin B. ;Bowles, John; Burke, Myles; Butler, Francis ;Campbell, Joseph ;Chapman, John; Chapman, Thomas; Chivers, James ;Christopher, Elizabeth ;Colclough, Charity; Cratin, Sylvester ;Crenshaw, Benjamin ;Daniel, Henry ;Daniel, John T.; Darden, Jesse ;Darden, William ;Darracott, James ;Davidson, Paul ;Davis, Sally ;Dawson, William ;Dewberry, Henry ;Dossey, Sebron;Dyson, John ;Evans, Elijah ;Evans, Rebecca Jane; Evans, William Sr.; Fallin, Charles ;Farmer, James ;Gibson, Henry ;Gibson, John ;Gresham, James D. ;Grier, Aaron W. ;Griffin, Martha ;Gunn, George ;Gunn, William Sr.; Hall, John ;Hall, Lucy ;Harrison, Joseph ;Harrison, Mary ;Hart, Susannah ;Horton, Patrick ;Howell, Martha ;Hurt, Eli; Hutton, Elenor ;Irby, Martha ;Janes, Simeon; Janes, William ;Jarrett, Johnson ;Jeffries, Sweptston ;Johnson, Anna ;Johnson, Cincinnatus ;Johnson, Samuel ;Johnson, Sarah;Johnston, Bartholomew; Jones, Barnabas ;Jones, Benjamin ;Jordan, Elizabeth ;Kendrick, Jacob ;Kenum, Alexander ;King, Rachael; Lansford, William ;Lightfoot, John ;Little, Cage ;Lockett, David ;Luckett, Elizabeth ;Luckett, Thomas ;Lyle, James ;Maddox, Anderson; Maddox, James ;Maddox, Walter ;Maddox, William ;Meadows, Elijah; Mullikin, Josiah ;Mitchell, Thomas ;Morgan, Joshua ;Morris, Charles ;Morris, Simon Sr.; Morris, Thomas ;Morris, Thomas L. ;Mulkey, Henry ;Mullally, Thomas ;Nelms, Chivers ;Norris, A. ;O'Kelly, William ;Overton, Gilchrest; Parker, Richard ;Parks, Amzy ;Paull, Benjamin ;Peek, Margaret; Peek, William T. ;Perkins, John ;Phillips, John ;Pollard, Thomas; Pounds, William ;Ray, William ;Read, James ;Rhodes, Selah ;Rogers, John ;Shackelford, R. E. ;Simmes, Ignatius ;Stephens, John ;Stevens, John W. ;Stevens, Lucretia ;Stewart, Amos ;Swain, Susanna ;Terrell, Joel ;Thompson, Henry Bradford; Thompson, Samuel; Tilley, John ;Towns, Rebecca; Turner, John; Veazey, John ;Veazey, Zebulon ;Watts, Jubal ;Williams, Thomas ;Wilson, JohnAbstracts of Taliaferro County Wills
Indexes to Probate Records
- Taliaferro County Wills 1866-1922.
- Taliaferro County Wills 1922-1949.
- Taliaferro County Wills 1949-1956.
- Index to Taliaferro County Inventories, Sales, Divisions, 1826-1834.
- Index to Taliaferro County Inventories, Sales, Divisions, 1834-1850.
- Index to Taliaferro County Inventories, Sales, Divisions, 1850-1880.
- Index to Taliaferro County Wills, 1826-1866.
- Taliaferro County Wills 1865-1922.
- Roster of 1827 Militiamen of Taliaferro County.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|