Jefferson County Wills and Estates
The territory was acquire from the Creek Land cessions of 1733 and 1788. Jefferson County was created in 1796 and named after Thomas Jefferson. Louisville was the former State Capitol of Georgia. Burke County is linked to Jefferson County research; however, Burke County records were destroyed. Earliest settlers were: Thomas Alexander, William Askew, Joseph Beatty, John Cahoon, Elisha Campbell, Elijah Grout, John Hargrove, Blassingame Harvey, William Junkin, Isaac Lamb and Edward Palmer.
Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Indexes to Probate Records
- Will Book A.
- Wills (1796-1887).
- Will Book 3 (1864-1884).
- Annual Returns (1815-1827).
Miscellaneous Wills and Estates
- 1777-1893 (abstracts).
- Deeds 1797-1799 (abstracts).
- Digital Images of Wills 1796 to 1827Testators: Alexander, Thomas; Cooper, Robert; McNeeley, Samuel; Osborne, John; Palmer, Edward; Townshend, Jacob
- Alexander, Thomas
- Causey, Elizabeth LWT (1832)
- Livingston, Joseph M., LWT (1872)
- Livingston, Joseph, receipt
- Livingston, William, deceased, estate of (1843)
- Whitehead, Reason
- Wimberly, Martha A., minor
- Wright, Nancy, deceased, estate of
- Marriages from Jefferson County newspapers 1885-1886.
- Jefferson County Marriage Contracts found in Deeds and Other Documents.
- Jefferson County Grand Jurors of 1797
- Jefferson County Petit Jurors of 1799
- 1879 Tax Plat of Central Railroad and Bank Company
- 1869 Tax Digest (partial)
Appling | Banks| Baker| Baldwin| Bartow| Berrien| Bibb| Brooks| Bryan| Bulloch| Burke| Butts| Calhoun| Camden| Campbell| Carroll| Cass (also see Bartow)| Catoosa| Charlton| Chatham| Chattooga| Chattahoochee| Cherokee| Clarke| Clay| Clayton| Clinch| Cobb| Coffee| Columbia| Coweta| Crawford| Dade| Dawson| Decatur| Dekalb| Dodge| Dooly| Dougherty| Douglas| Early| Echols| Effingham| Elbert| Emanuel| Fannin| Fayette| Floyd| Forsyth| Franklin|
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|