Jones County Wills and Estates
Pictured is the Jones County Court House, Gray, Georgia and the Ocmulgee River in Jones County. Jones County (taken from Baldwin County) was created 10 December 1807 and named for James Jones of Savannah, a young 23-year old legislator, member of the State Consitutional Convention in 1798, and a congressman. Old Clinton, the first site of the court house, was built in 1809.In 1905, the county seat was moved to Gray. The earliest county records survive. Baldwin and Bibb Counties should be searched along with Jones County records.
Jones County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Jones County Wills 1809 to 1835
- Jones County Marriages 1811-1850.
- Jones County Marriage Bonds 1811-1813 (digital images).
- Jones County Marriages 1811 to 1850
- Index to Jones County Bonds 1811 to 1813
- Index to Jones County Marriages 1811 to 1828
- Index to Jones County Marriages 1859 to 1866Testators: Adkerson, John Allen, Jesse Allen, William R. Allen, William W. Baldwin, Robert Ballard, John Barron, Joannah Barron, John Barron, Samuel Bedel, Abner Bell, Samuel Bourquin, Benedict Billingslea, Jacob Birdsong, Benejah Blalock, Alidia Blalock James Blount, Elizabeth Bond, Seth Boswell, Susannah Bowen, Charles Bray, Elizabeth Breedlove, Nathan Buckner, John Calhoun, John Carey, Robert Cary, Ann Carson, Elizabeth Carson, John Castleberry, Richard Chapman, William Childs, John Sr. Childs, Nathan Conner, Nancy Cook, James Cook, Samuel Cox, Jesse Cruther, Robert Davidson, William Davis, Gardiner Davis, William Dawson, Washington Dennis, Jacob Sr. Denson, James Dennis, John Dent, Samuel Dickens, Ephraim Dickson, John Driver, Giles Sr. Duckworth, Joseph Dunn, Nehemiah Edwards, Ambrose Eiland, Absalom Emerson, William Feagin, Richardson Finney, Benjamin Finnie, John Flewellin, William Flowers, John Fryer, Richard Gafford, Stephen Garrat, John Goodwin, Shadrack Gordon, Goven Grigsby, Grizzle Grigsley, Bathshiba Halstead, Jonathan Hamlin, John Hamlin, Richard Hammock, Benedict Hansford, Benjamin Harris, Edwin Harris, Joshua Sr. Harris, Richard Harrison, Joseph Hassell, William H. Hart, Warren Hawkins, Samuel Haws, C. Hester, Zackariah Hetton, Sarah Hines, John Hobson, John Hood, Elizabeth Horn, Simeon Hoskins, John Ivey, Jacob Johnson, Thomas Jones, Elizabeth Jordan, Robert Justice, Eliza King, Littleberry Kirk, John Lacey, Nancy Ledbetter, Benjamin Ledbetter, Samuel Ledbetter, Silas Long, Mary Magee, Davis Manning, Levi Martin, Elijah Mason, Gideon Mathis, Nathaniel McClendon, Joel McDaniel, Benjamin McDougall, Andrew McFarland, Dugal McFarlin, Peter McElroy, Reuben McGill, Susannah McLamore, Charles Messer, Noah Messer, Sarah Middlebrooks, Thomas Miller, George Mitchell, Robert M. Minyard, John Moore, Ebenezer Moore, Green B. Morris, Elizabeth Morris, Nathaniel Morris, Thomas Moughon, William Newberry, William Newman, Allison Oliver, Caleb Owen, Spencer Oxford, Jonathan Parramore, James Partings, Peter Person, John Pettway, Hinchia Philips, Mary Pigg, William Pitts, Aaron Rease, Ellexander Reese, Isham Sr. Reynolds, Benjamin Richardson, Sarah Rimes, Jesse Robertson, James C. Rogers, Collen Simmons, John Slatter, Solomon Smith, John Smith, John (2) Smith, John C. Smith, Samuel Spencer, Charity Stephenson, Nancy Stone, William Stubbs, James Taylor, Joseph G. Thompson, Henry Tooley, William Trammel, Daniel Trice, Elisha Trice, James Trice, John Walden, Richard Walker, George Wall, Elizabeth Ward, John Watson, Tabitha Weathers, Jenkins Wheless, Hardy Wilder, William Williams, James Williams, Joshua Willis, Joel Wimberly, Lewis Wyche, Peter Wynn.Abstracts of Jones County Wills
Indexes to Probate Records
- Jones County Will Book E 1808-1850.
- Jones County Will Book C 1851-1856.
- Jones County Will Book D 1864-1890.
- Index to Jones County Wills, Books A, B and C 1809-1851.
- Index to Jones County Wills, Parts of Books C and D 1851-1867.
- Index to Jones County Annual Returns and Estates, Bk F, 1825-1828.
- Lowe, John (will)
- Simmons, William (estate)
- Sommons, John (will
Appling | Banks| Baker| Baldwin| Bartow| Berrien| Bibb| Brooks| Bryan| Bulloch| Burke| Butts| Calhoun| Camden| Campbell| Carroll| Cass (also see Bartow)| Catoosa| Charlton| Chatham| Chattooga| Chattahoochee| Cherokee| Clarke| Clay| Clayton| Clinch| Cobb| Coffee| Columbia| Coweta| Crawford| Dade| Dawson| Decatur| Dekalb| Dodge| Dooly| Dougherty| Douglas| Early| Echols| Effingham| Elbert| Emanuel| Fannin| Fayette| Floyd| Forsyth| Franklin| Fulton| Gilmer| Glascock| Glynn| Gordon| Greene| Gwinnett| Habersham| Hall| Hancock| Haralson| Harris| Hart| Heard| Henry| Houston| Irwin| Jackson| Jasper| Jefferson| Johnson| Jones| Laurens| Lee| Liberty| Lincoln| Lowndes| Lumpkin | Macon| Madison| Marion| McDuffie| McIntosh| Meriwether| Miller| Milton| Mitchell| Montgomery| Morgan| Monroe| Murray| Muscogee| Newton| Oglethorpe| Paulding| Peach | Pickens | Pierce | Pike | Polk | Pulaski | Putnam | Quitman | Rabun | Randolph | Richmond | Rockdale | Schley | Screven | Spalding | Stewart | Sumter | Talbot | Taliaferro | Tattnall | Taylor | Telfair | Terrell | Thomas | Towns| Troup| Twiggs| Union| Upson| Walker| Walton| Ware | Warren | Washington | Wayne | White | Whitfield | Wilcox| Wilkes| Wilkinson | Worth
Marriages, bible records, traced families, pensions, cemeteries, obituaries, and much more. For more details, please What's What
FreebiesGeorgia Historical videos
American Pioneer Series
How to Trace Families
Remember Me: Photos
Back Issues of Lost Generations
Best Genealogy Blogs
Old Georgia Families
Other Excellent GENEALOGY WEBSITES
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|