Murray County Records
Pictured is the Murray County Court House, and Fort Mountain in Murray County. Murray County was created from Cherokee County on Dec. 3, 1832 by an Act of the General Assembly. Before that it was occupied by the Cherokee Nation of North Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina and Chief Vann farmed in this county.
Murray County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Murray County Wills 1840-1872
Testators: Adair, Edward ; Anderson, James ;Bailey, William ;Bates, Andrew J. ;Bates, John ;Bates, Julius ;Black, George ;Drummond, Daniel ;Ducket, Martha; Dwight, Samuel ;Fitzpatrick, Jackson ;Gaither, Elizabeth; Gray, Robert ;Hall, Drury ;Harrison, Nathan ;Hawkins, John;Hill, Richard; Humphries, David; Humphreys, Joab ;Jackson, Littlebury ;Johnson, Jason ;Jurkin, Samuel;Killingsworth. Francis; King, Elias ;McClain, William ;McCurdy, Stephen ;McEntire, John ;McGhee, James ;Murray, Samuel ;Neal, Adam ;Neal, Robert ;Parr, Charles ;Patterson, Robert C.; Pickett, James; Ray, William ;Ray, William J. ;Royston, Lewis ;Shelton, Elizabeth ;Sloan, Robert; Stevenson, John ;Stewart, Susan ;Stown, Luke ;Terry, Duncan; Terry, Lewis; Thompson, Benjamin ;Vining, Albert ;Wilkinson, John ;Wilson, Martha J.Abstracts of Murray County Wills
- Murray County Wills 1840-1872.
- Murray County Wills 1872-1922 (abstracts).
- Index to Murray County Will Book 1, 1840-1872.
- Index to Murray County Will Book 2, 1872-1922.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1835-1853.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1853-60.
- Index to Murray County Annual Returns, Inventories, Vouchers 1859-67.
- 1882 Map of Murray County.
- Map of Spring Place, seat of the US Indian Mission (Cherokee Nation).
- Map of Murray County District 8.
- Index to Murray County Marriages 1834-1849
- Murray County Rangers of 1838.
- List of Murray County Superior Court Judges and Clerks
- List of Murray County Sheriffs
- List of Murray County Tax Collectors and Receivers
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|