Putnam County Probate Records and GenealogyPutnam County was created from Baldwin County on Dec. 10, 1807 by an Act of the General Assembly and was named for American Revolutionary War General Israel Putnam.
Putnam County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Putnam County Wills
- Putnam County Wills 1822-1857 (abstracts).
- Putnam County Wills 1808-1822 (abstracts).
- Images of Putnam County Wills 1822 to 1831
Names of Testators: Abercrombie, Wilie; Allen, John; Allen, John (2); Allen, William; Ashurst, Robert; Averea, Arthur; Bailey, Green; Bigbee, James; Bird, Pue; Blunt, Edward; Bradley, Charles; Burt, Jesse; Cooper, Martha; Copeland, Richard; Crews, Etheldred; Crouch, Shadrach; Cullafer, Henry; Curry, Polly; Denham, Charles; Dickey, Patrick; Dixon, Nicholas; Duncan, Mathew; Edmondson, Patience; Espey, James; Fretwell, John; Gaither, Brice; Gant, Brittain; Gee, Peter; Gray, Thomas; Harris, Eli; Harris, Stephen; Harwell, John ;Hearn, Jonathan ;Hearn, Phoebe; Hill, John; Holland, Elizabeth; Holt, Singleton; Hudson, Charles; James, Elias; Johnson, Martha; Keaton, Jesse ; Kendrick, Martha; Killebrew, Robert; Kimbrough, Thomas; Little, Jesse; Lunsford, Nancy; Maddox, Joseph; Manning, Adam; McCoy, Archibald; McGhee, James; McGhee, James Jr.; Moreland, John ; Napier, Tabatha Dixon; Pace, Stephen ;Park, Thomas; Perry, Green; Posey, John Hamilton; Price, Zemulia; Read, Asa; Rees, Eliner; Rees, William; Richards, William; Robey, Timothy; Rosser, David; Scott, Francis; Singleton, Hezekiah; Skaggs, Charles; Smith, Dorothy; Smith, Joel; Spivey, Henry; Stembridge, William; Stephens, Abraham; Stewart, James; Stone, William; Sturdivant, John ;Turner, Henry ;Turner, John ;Watkins, Charity; Welborn, Thomas; White, Micajah; Williams, Mabel; Williams, Stephen; Wooldridge, MarthaIndexes to Probate Records
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1808 to 1820
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1820 to 1825
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1824 to 1833
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1836 to 1848
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1849 tp 1859
- Annual Returns, Appraisements, Vouchers 1857 to 1874
- Will Bk C, 1857-1888.
- Clements, Jesse, estate (1822).
- Head, Thomas, LWT (1848), transcript.
- Crooked Creek Primitive Baptist Church, Members 1807, 1820, 1824-1826.
- Putnam County Muster Roll of Brown Rifles, C. S. A.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|