Hall County Wills and Estates
Genealogists should research the Cobb, Cherokee, Floyd, Hall and Forsyth County records for ancestors in this section of Georgia, as many families travelled together, intermarried, etc. Hall County was created in 1818 from lands ceded by the Cherokee Indians on July 8, 1817 in the Treaty of the Cherokee Agency. Additional Cherokee lands were ceded to Georgia on Feb. 27, 1819 in the Treaty of Washington which included the western portions of Habersham and Hall counties. In 1820 a land lottery was held for lucky drawyers, which granted 250 acres of land. It was named for Lyman Hall (of Connecticut), one of Georgia's three signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Hall County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Hall County Wills 1837-1867 (abstracts).
- Index to Hall County Miscellaneous Estates, Wills, AInventories, Appraisements, Annual Returns, Vouchers, Book A, 1819-1838.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book A, 1837-1867.
- Index to Hall County Wills, Book R, 1868-1890.
- Hall County Marriages 1819-1850.
- Chastain, William (estate image).
- Chastain, William (inventory image).
- Chastain, William (administration image).
- Lockhart, Vincent, Agreement Between Heirs (1893)(image).
- McConnell, John Sr., LWT, transcription (1821).
- Thacker, William (estate image).
- Revolutionary War Soldiers from Hall County
- Revolutionary War Soldiers Eligible to Draw in Land Lottery
- 1836 Muster of Gainesville Dragoons
- 27th Regiment, C. S. A. Muster Roll
- Hall County Muster Roll, C. S. A.
- 1897 Civil War Reunion
- Hall County Pensions 1918-1921
- Hall County Roll of Invalid Soldiers Pensions 1914-1920
- Minutes of the Hopewell Church, Gainesville
- Sketches published in The Daily Times, Gainesville
- Residents of Cave Springs
- Settlers of the Nacoochee Valley
- Physicians in Hall County
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|