Schley County Records
Pictured is the Schley County Court House and Thomson, Georgia. Schley County was created in 1857 from Marian and Sumter Counties and was named for Georgia congressman, William Schley (1786-1858). Early settlers: Samuel Caskey, Burton Congleton, W. W. Cheney, Augustus Askew,, W. W. Tidwell, James King Harris, Henry Scarborough. County Seat: Ellaville.
Schley County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Schley County Will Bk A 1858-1905.
- Schley Veteran Records, World War I.
- Schley County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
- Index to Schley County Annual Returns, Inventories, Appraisements, Vouchers, Dismissions, Book A, 1858-1869.
- Index to Schley County Annual Returns, Inventories, Appraisements, Vouchers, Dismissions, Book B, 1869-1885.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|