Lowndes County Wills and Estates
The first court house was a log structure built in Franklinville in 1828. When Lowndesville was named county seat in 1833, the wooden courthouse was moved from Franklinville. The next year, a new courthouse was built in Lowndesville, which in 1837 was renamed Troupville. A new court house was built in Lowndes in 1842 which burned in 1858. After that, the county seat was removed to Valdosta and another court house was built, which burned in 1869.Subscribe to Georgia Pioneers and find your ancestors!
Lowndes County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Indexes to Probate Records
- Index to Lowndes County Marriages 1870-1892
- Index to Lowndes County Marriages 1879-1890
Digital Images of Lowndes County Wills 1871-1901
- Index to Lowndes County Will Book A, 1871-1915.
- Index to Inventories and Appraisements 1870-1893
- Index to Inventories and Appraisements 1893-1914Testators: Ashby, D. Burroughs | Ashley, Juliett M. | Back, William Melhuish | Barfield, Frederick | Barfield, Lafayette, General | Barnes, John D. | Basher, James A. | Bass, Bass, Mary Ann | Blanton, Edmond | Brinson, Sarah E. | Campbell, Maggie E., Mrs. | Coon, Isaac S., Dr. | Creech, T. P. | Drawdy, Levi | Fox, Thomas | Fry, W. E. | Harp, Warren J. | Jones, Allen | Jones, Mitchell | Lane, Benjamin | Lane, A. H. | Marshall, Matthew | Matthews, Jane (Mrs.) | McLeod, Daniel | McLeod, Archibald | Moore, Allen | Moore, Henry E. | Morgan, Mary Ann | Morris, George W. | Pembleton, Esther | Ray, W. A. | Sims, William A. | Slash, Underhill | Slaten, C. E. A. (Mrs.) | Smith, Owen | Stapler, John R. | Strickland, Charles | Swilly, Franklin | Waldhauer, Israel T. | Waldhauer, John C. | Wayman, Charlotte | Williams, Elizabeth A. | Young, Remer | Young, Roxey A. (Mrs.)