"Find your Ancestors on Georgia Pioneers"
Thomas County Records
Thomas County was created from Decatur and Irwin Counties by an Act of the General Assembly on December 23, 1825. It was named for General Jett Thomas, a hero of the War of 1812. Portions of Thomas County later were used to form Colquitt County (1856), Brooks County (1858), and Grady County (1905). The county seat is Thomasville.
Thomas County Databases Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Indexes to Probate Records
- Index to Thomas County Wills, Annual Returns, Inventories, Book A (1826-1836)
- Index to Thomas County Wills, Annual Returns, Inventories, Book B (1837-1845)
- Index to Thomas County Final Settlements, Book A (1855-1862)
- Index to Thomas County Final Settlements, Book B (1863-1875)
- Record of Thomas County Wills Filed Between 1826-1860
- Thomas County Marriages from Newspapers 1885-1886
Digital Images of Thomas County Wills (1826-1836), Book A
- Map of Thomas County
Testators: Blackshear, Edward; Bryan, John; Bryan, Joseph; Crawford, Silas; McIntire, Archibald; Mitchel, Thomas; Sweetman, WilliamDigital Images of Thomas County Wills, Book B, (1837-1845)
Testators: Anderson, Joseph (1849); Atkinson, Henry;Brinson, Jason; Bryson, Thomas;Colwell, John;Denson, Elizabeth; Hall, Ignatius;Hall, Kindred;Hays, George;Hurst, Thomas;Jones, John; LeRoy, Theophilis (1849) estate;Lovett, James;McKinnon, Murdock;McKinnon, Peter;Roddenberry, Martha, Estate (1897);Roddenbury, Robert (1849) estate;Roddenberry, Martha, Estate (1906), typed copy; Slater, Kerfee;Thomas, Richard, Estate
"Subscribe and view documents"