Glynn County Wills and Estates
Glynn County Court House. General Oglethorpe first put settlers on St. Simons Island in 1836; the transport was primarily Englishmen. The first parish church was located on the island. After 1848 when Oglethorpe won the land war with Spain and disbanded his Georgia regiment and returned to England, settlers began to desert the military post and find land grants throughout the county. Many of them removed to McIntosh and Liberty Counties. The Colonial period was divided by the parishs of St. David, St. Parick and St. Jones, organized in 1758.Glynn County was created in 1777 and named in honor of John Glynn, a member of the British House of Commons who defended the cause of the American Colonies in the difficulties which led to the Revolutionary War. Research should also include the Colonial Records of Georgia by Candler; Mcintosh and Liberty Counties.
Click on Me
Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
- Glynn County Wills & Appraisements 1809-1843.
- Glynn County Wills & Appraisements 1842-1849.
- Glynn County Wills & Appraisements 1856-1866 (Digital Images). Index of Names in Glynn County Will Book E 1856-1866 --
Bell, W. W., Brooks, Samuel,Burnett, Samuel M.,Clubb, James W.,Corbit, Samuel, Couper, James Hamilton,Dart, Anna,Davenport, William G., DuBignon, Felicitt,Fins, Job,Gignilliat, John M.,Golden, Thomas, Hamilton, James,Harris, Horace J.,Hazlehurst, Frances L.,Hazzard, Thomas T. (Dr.),Hillier, Thomas,Hinkman,, R. S.,Holland, John, Hooker, Ann O.,Hubbs, James S. Sr.,Jenkins, William,Johnston, P. C., Jones, Daniel,King, Ann Matilda,King, Matilda, wife of Thomas Butler King,King, Thomas,Lamb, Celia,Mc Conn, P. H.,Moore, J. W.,Moore, Sarah, Moore, S. B.,O'Sullivan, Florence,Pettigrew, George W.,Piles, John, Ratcliff, James M.,Roden, John,Royall, Horace J.,Rumph, John R., Spears, Anderson,Stafford, Robert,Stevens, Charles, Tison, Job, Ira and Mrs. J. L.,Troup, James, Truscott, William, Turner, William,Welbourne, Charles,Westmoreland, Eardly G.,Wood, John R.,Woolley, Vardy.
- Glynn Loose Original Wills & Estates 1809-1845 (Digital Images).
- Index to Glynn County Wills, Inventories, Appraisements, Bk D 1810-1843.
- Index to Glynn County Wills, Inventories, Appraisements, Bk D 1844-1853.
- Glynn County Marriages 1818-1852.
- Glynn County Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886.
- Map of Blythe Island.
- 1890 Brunswick City Directory.
- 1892 Brunswick City Directory.
Subscribe to 8 genealogy websites. Easy access.
Click here to take advantage