Harris County Estates and WillsHarris County Court House. Harris County was created from Muscogee and Troup in 1827 and was named for Savannah lawyer and mayor, Charles Harris. County is Hamilton, Georgia. Early Settlers: Zilpha Baker, John Alexander, James Cotton, Eli Davis, Osborn Ely, William Glaze, William W. Hunt, William Ingram, Thomas Jones, John M. Jordan, Barnett Knight, Branch, Ligen, Isaac Middlebrooks, Abel Nilson, John Pattillo, Jackson Rush, Jeremiah Reeves, William Stringer, Sr., Churcwell Tarvin, Philip Wilder and Benjamin Walker.
Click on Me
Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Digital Images of Wills and Estates
Indexes to Probate Records
- Harris County Wills, Bk 1, 1833-1849 (abstracts0.
- Harris County Wills, Book 2, 1850-1875 (digital images)Testators: Adams, Anna; Alexander, John; Baker, Merrill;Baker, Zilpha;Bankston, Elizabeth; Barnes, John; Beall, Elias; Berry, Jesse; Blackman, William; Blanchard, Thomas; Boddie,R. V. R.; Boggs, Elizabeth; Brown, Robert; Champion, Philemon; Christian, William; Copeland, Pinkney; Copeland, William B.; Copeland, William Sr.; Cotton, James J.; Cotton, Smith; Cox, Asa; Crews, Reuben; Crook, Osborn; Davenport, John; David, J. W.; Davidson, John; Davis, Eli; Davis, James; Davis, Judith; Davis, Mary Ann; Doris, Joseph; Dowdell, James; Emory, Samuel; Glaze, William; Gassaway, Eliza; Gassaway, James; Goodman, Elizabeth; Gorham, Willis; Granberry, George;Gunn, Jesse;Hamilton, John; Harden, Moses; Harper, Elizabeth; Harris, John; Hendry, Robert; Hevis, Samuel; Hill, Jasper; Hill, Vincent; Hines, Elias; Hopkins, William; Horn, Hugh; Hougton, William; Hudspeth, William; Huey, Alexander; Hunley, Ambrose; Hunley, William; Hunt, William W.; Hurling, Andrew; Hutchins, David; Ingram, William; Johnson, Sanky; Jones, Randall; Jones, Thomas; Jordan, John M.; Key, Henry; Kimbrough, Jesse; Kimbrough, Jesse T.; King, Thomas; Kinsey, Joseph W.; Knight, Barnett; Laney, David; Ligon, Branch; Little, Jacob; Livingston, John; Lloyd, Charles; Martin, William; Marshall, S. F.; Matthews, Henry; Mays, Sarah; McCarter, John; McCartan, Cormick; McGee, John; McLeroy, Thomas; Middlebrooks, Isaac; Miller, Martha; Mitchell, Elizabeth; Moss, Gabriel; Murrah, Thomas; Myhand, Alvin; Neely, Osborn;Nelson, Abel;Nelson, Abel (2); Pace, Clement; Parr, William; Passmore, John; Pate, Mary; Patillo, John; Pearce, Leroy; Pearce, Syntha; Pearce, Thomas; Perry, William M.; Philips, Wilder; Phillips, Sarah; Pitts, Samuel; Pollard, William; Pratt, Leonard; Ragan, Sarah; Redding, A. W.; Rees, William J.; Reeves, Jeremiah; Rickman, Benjamin; Rivers, William; Roberts, Killis; Robinson, Henry J.; Robinson, Milus; Ross, Mary; Rush, Jackson; Rutledge, William; Slaton, Littleberry; Slaughter, Monroe; Smith, Reddick; Stribling, Anthony; Stringer, Williamson; Tarvin, Churchill; Taylor, Christopher; Thomlinson, Mary; Trammell, Pulaski; Truett, Samuel; Vance, Levin; Walker, Benjamin; Walker, Thacker; West, Irvin; West, Walter; White, John; Whitehead, James; Whitehead, William; Wilkinson, Alexander M.; Williams, Benjamin; Williams, George W.; Williams, Thomas A.; Woodard, Littleberry; Wright, Martha and Zachry, Daniel.
- Index to Harris County Wills, Book 2, 1850-1875.
- Index to Harris County Wills, Book 3, 1873-1932.
- Index to Harris County Miscellaneous Estates Book B, 1837-1844
- Harris County Marriages, index 1828-1860
- Harris County Marriages, index 1859-1872
- Hurling, Andrew
- Horn, Hugh (1871) estate
- Map of Third District of Harris County.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|