Montgomery County Records
Montgomery County Court House. Montgomery County was created from Washington County by an Act of the General Assembly approved Dec. 19, 1793 and was named after General Richard Montgomery (1736-1776) of the Continental Army, who was mortally wounded on Dec. 31, 1775 during the Battle of Quebec. Portions of Montgomery County were used to create the following counties: Tattnall (1801), Emanuel (1812), Dodge (1870), Toombs (1905), Wheeler (1912), and Treutlen (1918). The first court was held at the residence of William Neal until a courthouse and jail could be erected. An act of Feb. 8, 1797 provided that the courthouse, jail, and other county business be held at the plantation of Arthur Lott, which was designated the county seat of Montgomery County. Research Emanuel County with Montgomery County.
Click on Me
Montgomery County Records Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers
Montgomery County Wills
Indexes to Probate Records
- Digital Images of Montgomery County Wills 1843-1863Adams, Nathaniel;Cheney, James;Gillis, Roderick;Grimes, Hiram; Hamilton, Marissa;Hughes, Mary;McArthur, John;McIntire, Daniel; McIntire, Lucy;McMillan, Angus;McMillan, Archibald;McRae, John; Miller, Isabella;Miller, John Sr.;Phillips, Lucinda;Ryals, John B.;Ryals, Joseph;Smith, David;Troup, Robert;Wall, William D.
- Montgomery County Wills 1808-1863 (abstracts).
- Index to Montgomery County Court of Ordinary Minutes 1837-1862.
- Index to Montgomery County Minutes 1809-1818.
- Index to Montgomery County Minutes 1809-1862.
- Index to Montgomery County Minutes 1820-1846.
- Index to Montgomery County Minutes 1821-1837.
- Index to Montgomery County Inventories, Bk B, 1874-1906.
- Morrison, Elizabeth, estate (Digital Image).
- Peterson, Alexander, estate (Digital Image).
- Ryals, Joshua, estate (Digital Image).
- 1805 Montgomery County Map
- Montgomery County 1811 Tax Digest.
- Montgomery County 1794 Jury List.
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|