Georgia Pioneers has the oldest Jasper County Records. Images online, ready to view!Jasper County was created in 1807 from Baldwin County and called Randolph County. The present-day Randolph County was created on December 20, 1828. Part of Jasper was given to Morgan in 1815 and part to Newton in 1821. The name was changed December 10, 1812 to Jasper County and named in honor of William Jasper, an officer in Colonel William Moultrie's Second South Carolina Infantry, 1775. The county seat is Monticello.
Baldwin, Butts, Putnam and Morgan County records should also be researched. The earliest settlers were: Seymour Byrom, Moses Duff, William Deal, Radford Ellis, Robert Estes, Ira Foreman, John Freeman, Stewart Owens, James Patrick, John Parks, William Vardeman and Joseph White.
Jasper County Records Available to members of Georgia Pioneers
Note: Most of the Jasper County wills and estates are not indexed. Except for this publication, you would have to go page-by-page to know if your ancestors were there:
Miscellaneous Wills & Estates
- Index to Jasper county Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, 1813-1820.
- Index to Jasper County Wills 1815-1820.
- Index to Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, 1797-1819.
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, Book C, 1797-1819 (Digital Images)Testators: Appling, Otho
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, Book 9, 1828-1829 (digital Images)Testators, estates: Cornwell, Elijah
Harris, James, minor
Holland, Lewis C., guardian of wife, Lavisa
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, Book 1, 1813 to 1817. (Digital Images) Testators, Estates:Fitzpatrick, William
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, Book 2, 1813-1820. (Digital Images) Testators, Estates:Anthony, James
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Inventories, etc., Book 3 (1821 to 1823). (Digital Images) Testators, Estates:Darden, John
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Inventories, etc., Book 4 (1822 to 1823) (Digital Images). Testators, estates:Boykin, Francis
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Inventories, etc., Book 5 (1824 to 1833) (Digital Images)Benton, Jeremiah
Brewer, J. E.
- Jasper County Wills, Appraisements, Bills of Sale, Annual Returns, Book 10, 1830-1839 (Digital Images)Testators: Abbott, Ezekiel
Alexander, James, minor
Cox, Middleton, orphans of
McDaniel, Benjamin, orphans of
Ross, James (75 pages)
Smith, Abraham and Sarah
- Digital Images of Jasper County Wills and Estates, Book 11, 1836 to 1844Testators: Adams, David ; Armstrong, William; Askew, WIlliam; Banks, D. ; Breedlove, Anne ;Bruce, John ; Castleberry, Thomas; Cox, Mary ; Cox, Sarah ; Cross, John ; Doggett, Garner ; Doggett, Mary Ann ; Doggett, Nancy; Dunn, Gates Wood ; Edmondson, Matilda; Eubanks, Magers; Ezell, John; Goode, Jesse; Gross, John; Henderson, James ; Huff, Ralph; Johnson, Thomas; Jones, Reuben Sr.; King, Nancy and William; King, Richard ;Lumsden, Jeremiah; Malone, Jarrett; McClendon, Stephen ; McDaniel, George; McDaniel, Jacob ; Meriwether, George; Moreland, Francis ; Morgan, Charles ; Moss, Arabella ; Newby, John; Penn, William; Pope, Alex; Pou, James ; Ratcliff, Moses ; Reid, Samuel; Robertson, Cornelius; Robey, Elizer Jane; Roby, Milledge ; Ross, James; Russell, Charles ; Russel, Charles T. ; Stokes, Ignatius; Traylor, William H. ; Traylor, William ; Tuggle, Garner ; Tuggle, Robert ; Waggoner, Hiram ; Wiggins, Wade ; Wilson, oseph A. ; Wilson, Joseph ; Willson, Joseph
- Jasper County Marriage Book A (1808-1820).
- Jasper County Marriage Book B (1811-1841).
- Holland, G. W., original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, Henry Holland, original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, James W. Holland, original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, Jonas, original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, Lawson S., original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, Lewis C., original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, L. P., original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, Margaret, original papers, estate (image)
- Holland, William T. Holland, original papers, estate (image)
- Langham, James, LWT (1823) (Image)
Appling | Banks| Baker| Baldwin| Bartow| Berrien| Bibb| Brooks| Bryan| Bulloch| Burke| Butts| Calhoun| Camden| Campbell| Carroll| Cass (also see Bartow)| Catoosa| Charlton| Chatham| Chattooga| Chattahoochee| Cherokee| Clarke| Clay| Clayton| Clinch| Cobb| Coffee| Columbia| Coweta| Crawford| Dade| Dawson| Decatur| Dekalb| Dodge| Dooly| Dougherty| Douglas| Early| Echols| Effingham| Elbert| Emanuel| Fannin| Fayette| Floyd| Forsyth| Franklin| Fulton| Gilmer| Glascock| Glynn| Gordon| Greene| Gwinnett| Habersham| Hall| Hancock| Haralson| Harris| Hart| Heard| Henry| Houston| Irwin| Jackson| Jasper| Jefferson| Johnson| Jones| Laurens| Lee| Liberty| Lincoln| Lowndes| Lumpkin | Macon| Madison| Marion| McDuffie| McIntosh| Meriwether| Miller| Milton| Mitchell| Montgomery| Morgan| Monroe| Murray| Muscogee| Newton| Oglethorpe| Paulding| Peach | Pickens | Pierce | Pike | Polk | Pulaski | Putnam | Quitman | Rabun | Randolph | Richmond | Rockdale | Schley | Screven | Spalding | Stewart | Sumter | Talbot | Taliaferro | Tattnall | Taylor | Telfair | Terrell | Thomas | Towns| Troup| Twiggs| Union| Upson| Walker| Walton| Ware | Warren | Washington | Wayne | White | Whitfield | Wilcox| Wilkes| Wilkinson | Worth
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on Annual Membership button - $150.00 for one year.|