Warren County Wills and Estates
Warren County was established on December 19, 1793 by an Act of the Georgia General Assembly, and was created from parts of Columbia, Washington, and Wilkes Counties. It was named after General Joseph Warren, famous general killed in the Battle of Bunker Hill. At first, the courts met in the home of James McCormick and in 1796 in the home of Sterling Gardner. An Act dated February 9, 1797 designated a lot on Gardner's plantation as the permanent county seat and became the town of Warrenton. In the front of the Warren County Will Book 1798-1807 is a series of administrator's appointments, etc. This information is scarcely readable, but is included below.
Warren County Databases Available to Members of Georgia Pioneers Probate Records
Digital Images of Warren County Will Book A 1793-1811
- List of Warren County Wills 1793-1811Testators:Allison, Margaret; Ansley, Thomas; Barden, William; Barron, John; Beasley, James; Breed, Joseph; Brooks, Joab; Broom, Burrel; Brown, John; Burson, Joseph; Butt, Moses; Carter, James; Chapman, John; Cloud, Joel; Cooper, George; Coram, Vann; Culpepper, William; Davis, David; Davis, Gahaze; Davis, Nathan; Davis deed; Dove, Thomas; Dozier, James; Drake, Thomas; Fluellen, Betty; Flewellin, Elizabeth; Fluvanna, Benjamin; Fontaine, Thomas; Gardner, Pryer; Granbery, George; Granberry, Moses; Hall, Thomas Lent; Harp, Henry; Heath, Abraham; Heath, Richard; Hester, Hardy; Hill, Henry; Hilson, John; Hines, Barnabas;Hinton, Robert; Hodson, Peter; Holladay, Margaret; Hood, Nathaniel; Horn, Jacob; Hubert, Benjamin; Johnston, Abraham; Kendall, William; King, Ephraim; Lockett, David; McCullers, Drury; McKinez, Moses; Medlock, Charles; Medlock, George; Montray, John; Moon, Samuel; Myrick, John Sr.; Napier, James; Neal, Thomas; Neice, Henry W.; Newman, Samuel; Newsome, Peter; Oliver, Benjamin Sr.; Parkes, Samuel; Perkins, Peter; Pinson, Winney; Pool, Philip; Renfroe, Enoch; Reynolds, Thomas; Roquemore, James; Simmons, Benjamin; Sims, Bartlett; Smith, James; Smith, Thomas; Smith or Stith, William; Todd, Hardy; Travis, William; Verdan, Egenius; Wester, Hardy; Young, WilliamDigital Images of Warren County Will Book B 1810-1829 (DTestators: Adams, James,Akins, John,Anderson, William,Ansley, Abel,Baker, John, Baker, Sally,Bass, Reddick (hard to read),Barksdale, Henry,Bealle, Georgia Francis,Bealle, Mannam,Bealle, Robert,Bird, William,Brantley, Philip (2),Bray, Joseph,Bunkley, Jesse,Burns, James,Bush, Thomas, Buttrell, Thomas,Cary, Finston,Castleberry, Nathan,Chapman, Asa (hard to read),Cody, James,Cooksey, Hezekiah,Culpepper, David,Danielly, Andrew,Durden, Jesse,Ellis, Sarah,Figalee, William,Franklin, Archilaus, Grier, Aaron,Gwynne, William,Hamilton, John,Harris, George,Hatson, Mark,Haynes, Thomas,Heeth, William,Herbert, Nicholas,Hight, Howell, Hill, Robert,Hilsman, Wader,Hurt, Elisha,Ivy, Sampson,King, Elizabeth, Lacy, Archibald,Lassiter, Burke,Latimer, Rebecca,Leek, Jonathan,Levin, Job, Locke, John,Lowe, William,McCormick, John,McMath, Joseph,Nealy, Sarah,Pate, Herbert,Roberts, Elisha,Sanders, Abram,Shivers, Jonas, Smith, John,Stainbeck, Francis,Stanford, Jesse,Stanford, Joseph, Stanford, Joshua,Thompson, James,Thompson, Lucy,Torrence, John, Tucker, Josiah,Upton, Benjamin,Wheeler, Benjamin,White, William, Wiggins, George,Wright, Amos,Wynne, RobertDigital Images of Warren County Will Bk C, 1829 to 1852
Testators: Abercrombie, Nancy;Adkins, Daniel;Adkins, Daniel;Adkins, Nancy; Allen, Benjamin;Allen, Jacob;Andrews, M.;Andrews, Mary;Ansley, Thomas;Baker, William;Banfield, Sarah;Beall, Nathan;Belks, Henry;Berry, Jilson;Bird, Ebenezer;Booth, Edward;Burnley, Stephen;Butt, Jeremiah;Clarke, John;Claud, Joel;Cleary, Judith; Cody, Edmund;Cody, Michael;Conner, Elijah;Craper,James;Crenshaw, Benjamin;Creton, Maria;Dawson, Wilson;Dennis, William;Dewberry, James;Elliott, James;English, Matthew;Fickling, Bernard;Fleming, Robert;Flewellin, Elizabeth;Gardner, Pryor;Geesling, Benjamin; Gibson, Thomas;Harris, John;Harrison, Benjamin;Hart, Isaac; Harty, Edward;Heeth, Sarah;Heeth, William;Hill, Sion;Hill, William;Hillman, Samuel;Hilmon, Frances;Huff, George;Hyman, John;Ivey, Ephraim;Ivey, Randolph;Ivy, Matilda;Jackson, Aaron; Jackson, John;Jenkins, Arthur;Johnson, Amos;Johnson, Reese; Johnson, Seaborn;Jones, Adam;Jones, Henley;Jones, Hendley; Jones, Starling;Jones, William;Kent, Thomas;Lockett, Solomon; Lockett, Thomas;Lovett, Richard;Maddux, Thomas;Marks, Stephen; May, Jeremiah;Mayes, John;McCoy, David;McCrary, Levi;McKinney, Moses;McLaughlin, John;Miller, Martha;Moody, Anna;Muncrief, Ann; Nesbit, Sarah;Norris, James;Norris, Joel;Norris, Thomas;Norton, Patrick;Parham, Frances;Pitts, Hardy;Posey, Marcus;Proctor, Frances;Proctor, William;Quisenby, Ann;Reynolds, Thomas; Rivers, Thomas;Roberts, Joseph;Rogers, James;Rogers, Micajah; Rogers, Reuben;Rourke, Belitha;Shows, Daniel;Simpler, William; Smith, Jacob;Smith, Samuel;Spinks, Ephraim;Story, Samuel; Swint, John Sr.;Thompson, Nancy;Tims, John;Todd, James; Turner, George;Walden, Richard;Wheeler, Isham;Wigginis, Richard; Wilder, Charles;Williams, Elizabeth;Williams, Nicholas; Wilson, John;Wright, Esther;Wynne, Benjamin;Wynne, Clement
Indexes to Probate Records
Index of Warren County Estates, Wills, Letters of Administration (1797-1807). Index to Warren County Will Bk A (1810-1829). Index to Warren County Will Bk B (1829-1852). Index to Warren County Annual Returns, Bk B (1811-1826) Marriages
- Warren County Marriages 1794-1805.
- Warren County Marriage Contracts found in Deeds and Other Documents.
Digital Images of Miscellaneous Estates
- Origins of Early Settlers to Warren County.
- Beasley, James, Sr. Estate.
- Chaffin, John Estate.
- Cook, Jesse, Orphans.
- King, Jefferson Estate.
- Rivers, Thomas, LWT, (1847) typed copy.
- Vann, James Estate.
- George Franklin deed, as administrator of estate of William Franklin, deceased.
- William Franklin Deed (1796).
- Francis Danielly deed.
- Map of Warren County
- Map of Warrenton, founded 1797. Warren County
- Warren County Marriages 1794 to 1805
- Index to Warren County Marriages 1833 to 1848
- Marriage Contracts found in Deeds and Other Documents
|Become a member of the Pioneer Families Community, and enjoy the benefits of a network of genealogy experts: including access to all eight websites, books written by renowned Georgia genealogist Jeannette Holland Austin, and personal help with your research for any family in GA, NC, SC, or VA. A full year of membership with all these benefits for less than $13 a month, compared with up to $45 a month at ancestry.com|
|SAVE MONEY! Click on "Subscribe" - $150.00 for one year. Subscribe|